Нагояа их сургуулийн докторын тэтгэлэгт хөтөлбөр (Asian Satellite Campuses Institute Program) зарлагдлааОгноо:
МУИС-тай уламжлалт хамтын ажиллагаатай Япон улсын Нагояа их сургуулийн 2021 оны докторын тэтгэлэгт хөтөлбөр зарлагдаад байна.
Earn doctoral degree in Nagoya University
Call for Applicants for the Asian Satellite Campuses Institute Program of Graduate School of Environmental Studies in 2021
OPENING DATE: April 1st, 2021
CLOSING DATE: May 21st, 2021
FEATURES OF THE ASIAN SATELLITE CAMPUSES INSTITUTE PROGRAM (ASCI)
Through the Asian Satellite Campuses Institute (ASCI), the Graduate School of Environmental Studies (GSES) is offering a special research-based doctoral program which primarily target professionals in government positions in Mongolia who have already completed a master’s degree and wish to earn a doctoral degree. The program is unique in that it provides enrolled students with an opportunity to deepen their knowledge and experience towards a doctoral degree without having to take time out from their career.
Placement of faculty
Faculty will reside within GSES and will provide ongoing research and writing support to each student. The faculty comprises one academic advisor, and two sub-advisors.
Educational Guidance Methods
The ASCI program will customize the curriculum and guidance approach in accordance with the needs of each student, through consultation between the academic advisors and students.
Fieldwork-based education will include frequent visits to Mongolia by each student’s academic advisor/sub-advisor. These visits serve to provide an opportunity for each student to discuss her/his research topic, provide guidance on how to collect data in the field, and support the students in their drafting of academic papers. Short-term schooling*, distance guidance through web conferencing and teleconference systems are also scheduled into the students’ academic calendars.
* Short-term schooling
Intensive educational guidance held in Nagoya University for a couple of weeks in a year.
* Details of trip period, length of stay etc. to be determined in consultation between academic advisor and student.
Practice and other guidance will, in principle, be conducted in English.
- Enrollment fee exemption
- Tuition fee exemption*
- Financial support for schooling period*
- Provision of scholarship
A stipend of 75,000 Japanese Yen will be provided to the students during their visits to Nagoya. This amount will be paid once every 14 days, starting from the date of the student’s arrival in Japan for schooling. Please note, this scholarship is only paid to the students while they are residing in Japan for schooling.
- Flight arrangement (including fuel surcharge, landing fees, landing tax)
Nagoya University will cover round-trip air tickets for the necessary visits to Nagoya University during over the three-year Ph.D program.
Please note, domestic travel costs such as rail, taxi, or bus are not provided by Nagoya University. Costs associated with travel between the student’s place of residence and the nearest airport, or for travel within Japan must be covered by the student.
* Period of exemption/support: three years, excluding leaves of absence.
Applicants must be currently enrolled officials in:
- National University of Mongolia
- Master or equivalent degree in environmental studies or related fields
- Applicants are recommended to find faculty members with related topics to their proposed research topic before applying. The graduate school will not accept any students who have not made the effort to find appropriate supervisors, even if they are as good as other applicants. Faculty information can be found in the list of faculty members.
- Applicants must have agreement on the enrollment from her/his superior at work.
- Applicants must have several years of work experience.
- Applicants must demonstrate fluency in English or Japanese.
- Applicants who have peer-reviewed scientific paper(s) or a paper ready to submit to international journals have a great advantage over those that do not.
- A cover letter to desired supervisor(s) )) ТАТАХ
- A current C.V.
- A master’s certificate
- A master’s thesis written by English or Japanese, or a research paper equivalent to a master’s thesis
- A research proposal (including desired supervisor’s name(s)) ТАТАХ
- A draft for the first paper (if possible)
THE SELECTION PROCESS
Step 1. Document screening
Step 2. An interview in June 2021
The interview by the faculty staff takes place in June 2021. Successful applicants will be notified of the date of their interview by e-mail.
Step 3. The result of selection
Applicants who pass step 1 and 2 will be notified by July 2021.
Applications must be submitted to either of the below contacts through e-mail by the closing date.
Mongolia Satellite Campuses Institute, Ulaanbaatar
Shinsuke Tomita, Ph.D.
Designated Associate Professor,
Asian Satellite Campuses Institute/Graduate School of Environmental Studies,
Nagoya University, Japan
ХАМТЫН АЖИЛЛАГААНЫ ХЭЛТЭС